Friday, April 29, 2011

Forever Young

After the past few weeks I have experienced both the joy of life & the heartache of death... 

On Sunday April 17th I participated in my 2nd Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. Last year after my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer I knew this would always be a race I would have to participate in. It is next to impossible to explain the energy you feel when running in this event.  You are surrounded by supporters, survivors and those currently fighting for their lives. Both years I found myself with tears in my eyes. Tears of anger, sadness, joy & relief.

This is a picture of the pink balloons that are released at the beginning of the race by survivors.  I feel so blessed that one of those belongs to my Mom.


April 21st, another day that has effected my life & more greatly my Mom's. On this day her only sister passed away at 63. I cannot imagine the feelings my Mom must have.  Being the only surviving member of her immediate family & thoughts of her own mortality after beating cancer. 

After a difficult fight with Alzheimer's disease I pray you are now able to rest in peace Aunt Mary.


Forever young, I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever, forever forever
Forever young, I want to be forever young
Do you really want to live forever
Forever young

No comments:

Post a Comment