Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Highlands, North Carolina

Last November Scott's best friend proposed to the lovely Kelly O'Connor.  We learned the wedding site would be in Highlands, NC. Originally it was going to be just Scott that made the trip. I was convinced it was too much for Pierson (or should I say too much for me!!).  After some persuading, tickets were booked for the Brodrick's to head east!


The O'Connor family was gracious enough to let us stay at their mountain home. The views were to die for!! Pierson saw bull frogs, lightening bugs & learned to love waterfalls!!


View from the deck.


Dry Falls

Scott was able to enjoy several rounds of golf with Shad at some pretty fancy clubs. Pierson & I spent time with Aunt Alyssa, Avrey, Maryn & Grandma Barb.  We went shopping, to the pool, built forts, played cards & ate tons of good food!!

Me & the girls in "VIP Lounge" playing Crazy 8's.

The rehearsal dinner was at Mountain Top Golf & Lake Club. I caught this priceless picture of Scott & Pierson taking in the view of the course. I know Scott cannot wait for the day to teach his son how to golf!!

If you know me...you know I have the patience of a nat. With this in mind we decided to take some time as a family & play in the sun at the pool before the wedding.  This was some much needed r&r for me. I enjoyed being with my boys & kicking back while soaking up the rays!


For the wedding, we had a babysitter for Pierson. Only the second person outside our family to watch my baby was complete stranger from North Carolina (yes I know...I am crazy!!). She was a darling blond & Pierson LOVED her!! They played with his dino's, read books and hung out while Mom & Dad enjoyed the ceremony & a fabulous dinner. They had the best/most fancy Mac&Cheese bar ever.  Who wouldn't love Mac&Cheese with lobster tail?!!


After dinner we had about an hour left in the festivities. We grabbed Pierson & let him boogy with band. He was mesmerized by them & had a total blast getting his groove on...I hope he doesn't get my dance skills later in life, he may in trouble!!


The bride & groom are amazing & we love them both so very much! Congratulations to Kelly & Shad!!

No comments:

Post a Comment